This is Part II to my Beeswax candlemaking post. Read Part I about making beeswax tapers here. Again- this was mine and my MIL’s first attempt at candlemaking. If you are intimidated by the tapers, then try this easy alternative!
3. Get some cheap glasses or tea cups or old candle holders for your candles. Goodwill is a great place to look.
4. Weave the wicks through this thingamajigger and clamp it down with pliers.
5. Measure the wick to be a little taller than the glass.
6. Tape the wick on a pen or use a wick holder to hold it up in the center of each container.
7. Slowly pour the melted wax into it.
8. Let the wax settle down and cool.
Easy enough! Enjoy the awesome, natural scent from your high-quality, homemade beeswax candles without worrying about toxins and phytoestrogens! These make great gifts and favors, especially if you use cute teacups!
A big thanks to Kristin & Nick from Living the Rustic Life for the Liebster Blog Award!
For those of you who aren’t familiar with this, Leibster is an award given out by fellow bloggers to sites with less than 200 followers. It’s a way for new bloggers to spread the word and (hopefully) get more readers.
As part of the Liebster tradition, the award is passed along to 5 bloggers that have motivated and inspired you. To accept the award you must:
2. Post the award to your blog.
3. Give the award to 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers that you appreciate and value.
4. Leave a comment on the 5 blogs to let them know that they have been offered this award.
1. Ellen, my MIL from Eggs and Butter Are Good for You (gotta love the title!). Check out her blog where she collects all sorts of interesting articles to spread the truth about nutrition. She is an avid Sally Fallon and Weston A. Price Foundation proponent and my particular source for all things nutrition.
4. Bonnie from Learning to be a Newlywed. Read all about her humorous and spiritual takes on life and all about the inspiring story of little James Fulton’s miraculous birth, an alleged miracle for Bishop Fulton Sheen’s cause for beatification.
5. Ashley from Mode of Grace. Ashley is studying fashion and is always promoting the dignity of women and the real menaing of Beauty. Chekc out her collection of sketches and words of wisom and encourage her in her work for modesty and femininity.